Our glacier viewing on this itinerary is to Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier.
It was a cold, overcast morning with periods of light rain (which has been pretty much the weather for the entire trip so far).
We were disappointed that we were not able to get closer to the glacier. My phone’s capacity to zoom wasn’t up to the task. Thankfully, we had our binoculars and I had my camera which, I think, was able to capture some nice shots. Sorry, I can’t share them here so if you want to see them, you’ll have to connect with me later.
As we were sailing away, we got our first real bit of sunshine! We took advantage and sat on our balcony, face to the sun, with our sunglasses on. We still needed our warm clothes but not as many.Tonight we are getting a little bit dressed up for a sit down meal for the second formal night of the cruise. We ignored the first one.
Tomorrow we will be in Ketchikan. We have a whale watching excursion booked. We haven’t seen much marine life so far. We did catch a humpback whale this morning, and a few sighting of them blowing. Hopefully it won’t be too rainy tomorrow as we are looking forward to the excursion.
Spectacular colors between water, sky and ice. Mona looks like she is enjoying some warm sun! I hope the tour was interesting. Carol
ReplyDelete