Thursday, September 15, 2022

Departure

And I'm off!

Finally!

It feels unreal!

But here I am. In the Saskatoon airport. 

Worried about all the delays we hear about, I got here early. Check in and security were smooth and quick. 

With plenty of time and a 20-minute flight delay, I decided to treat myself to a hamburger and a beer. Surprisingly, the burger was delicious and the side of sautéed vegetables was done to perfection. A very good start!

Why do I have the feeling I've forgotten something?

The last few days have been crazy. 🤪 I had to remind myself several times that the pre-departure days are always crazy. This time it was a little different as so much of the lead-up was done almost 3 years ago. Time will tell if I've missed something important.

I have my passport and a credit card.

Let the adventure begin! 

5 comments:

  1. So happy you are on your way, Amy, to achieve this dream! Looking forward to your updates with more pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. It has been a long time coming for sure. Pics coming soon!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you remembered your smile too! Have an amazing adventure. I'm looking forward to following along through your blog. (I'll have to gdt you to teach me how to do that - wish I would've done it for my adventure - but next one for sure!). Wishing you all the best - so happy this is happening for you - you'll have great stories to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish. We will have to get together to share stories when I get back.

      Delete
  3. Passport and a credit card, all you really need:)

    ReplyDelete