Monday, May 27, 2024

And We’re Off -Almost

​Our pre-journey journey is almost over. We have made it to Vancouver and will board our ship tomorrow for our Alaskan. cruise!  

We had a pleasant drive from Saskatoon to Edmonton on Sunday. We stopped to stretch our legs and admire the world’s largest pysanka, in Vegreville. The most excitement we had was driving though a nasty downpour just as we were navigating Anthony Henday Drive around Edmonton to Mona’s friend’s place in Beaumont. 

Having delivered Mona to her friend, I joined my friends in Edmonton for a birthday supper, followed by a friends’ zoom call and then it was time for bed for me. Someday, I’m going to master the art of packing well in advance of my departure for a trip. Mona was packed and ready to leave by 8:30 pm on Saturday evening. I, on the other hand, in my typical fashion, was up most of the night getting ready!

Thankfully our flight from Edmonton to Vancouver was n’t too early in the morning. We were able to get to the airport in a leisurely  manner, and the 30-minute delay wasn’t a big issue. The flight was short and uneventful - just the kind I like. 

After we had checked in to our hotel, we met up with my friend from the island who came to Vancouver to meet us. Our adventure included a couple of rides on the Sky Train and an unexpectedly long walk to a nice little cafe to eat and visit. 

Tomorrow is the big day-embarkation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment