Transitions are never easy.
We transferred to the Challenge hotel first thing this morning.Once settled in, we joined a few other early arrivals for an informal meet and greet. By noon, our lead guide Ruben, had arrived and the Challenge officially started.
I am not used to having to watch the clock to determine when it's time to eat or being told where to eat.
With 20 people, eating in a restaurant is a noisy affair making it hard to hear, difficult to follow conversations, and is generally exhausting for this introvert!
The new hotel is very nice. The meals we've had so far have been some of the best we've had. The information Ruben and Harry (our second guide) have provided has been helpful. The other participants in the group are interesting, friendly and easy to get along with.
We did have a few hours to ourselves this afternoon. Faith and I went to the local food market. It was an overly stimulating experience inside the market, so I didn't take any pictures. The street outside was just as full of life and colour with the addition of vehicular traffic.
Tomorrow, we have an early start - earlier than we are used to, anyway. I'm off to bed.
Good for you for continuing to try to find a silver lining in what sounds like a bit a jarring transition. And the sentence "...eating in a restaurant is a noisy affair making it hard to hear, difficult to follow conversations, and is generally exhausting for this introvert!", well, how is it you can voice what I experience from another hemisphere?!? 🤣 - Grant
ReplyDeleteWe’re with you in spirit, Amy! And, as an introvert, I can really relate. Hopefully you will have some quiet time while you’re hiking. Can’t wait to hear about your adventure!
ReplyDeleteIt most definitely would be a big change from what you have been experiencing. Being Amy, you will continue to be open to experience and see and hear so much more than you might expect. You will be deep into your hiking now -- sending good thoughts for the uphill!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeletejust catching up and looking forward to hearing about the hike!
Awaiting your return from the high places with bated breath!!!
ReplyDelete